- Last updated on November 16th, 2018 -
Vitamix 5200 Review By BlenderVersus.com:
Vitamix 5200 came as the successor of the prior model Vitamix 5000 one of the most popular Vitamix model that commonly became the first choice by anyone who likes to upgrade their blender to a high-performance blender.
This Vitamix series is not the most expensive one compared to all Vitamix model, but this model seems is quite attractive to many people because this is a Vitamix blender that is quite basic but affordable.
When I say it’s affordable, I realize if it’s not one of budget blenders you can find in the market, but with the quality offered by Vitamix, the price is reasonable.
Vitamix 5200 Standard Series Blender, Black
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you're in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. What's in the Box: motor base, 64 oz. container, getting started guide, DVD, classic tamper
Vitamix 5200 Design
Vitamix 5200 is part of Vitamix C Series which is Classic series that offers a variety of control options and container sizes, all with the classic Vitamix body style. The base itself equipped with manual switches controls and a speed dial which makes it easy to be used by any type of user from young to senior users.
- Height: 7.25″ wide x 20.5″ tall (with the 64-ounce container on it) x 8.75″ deep
- Weight: 10.6 lbs
- Blending container: BPA Free container, with vented lid plus tamper.
- Cord length: 6 feet
- Blade construction: 4 blades laser-cut, stainless-steel hammer-mill and cutting blades measuring 3-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time
- Base design: equipped with manual switches controls and a speed dial
- Base color variation: Black, Brushed Stainless, Platinum, Red, and White
Vitamix 5200 Features
This Vitamix model has 2.0 peak horsepower motor supported with 1380 watts power which capable to spin the blades up to 37,000 rpm then you will be amazed with the results that you can find in the end.
To control Vitamix 5200, you have to use manual switches and speed dial. It does not have a touch-pad or pre-programmed settings like some of the other high-performance blenders like Blendtec which always has pre-programmed settings on all their blenders. Probably this is the biggest thing that you can notice when you compare Vitamix blender and Blendtec.
Note: If you like to have pre-programmed settings on your Vitamix blender you may consider Vitamix Pro 750.
Every Vitamix blenders equipped with BPA Free container that safe for our body and all of these specs are definitely top of the line but the true benefit of this product comes from the added features. You get thermal protection and radial cooling which can rarely be found in this type of product, especially when you compare with Ninja blenders.
For overall its versatility is very impressive and the true attention to detail is what really makes the Vitamix 5200 stand out among other similar blenders because it helps you maintain an outstanding quality and exceptional control.
Warranty is excellent too since you get no less than seven years of full coverage so in case something does break you are fully protected. It is a fantastic experience, and the results shine because of that.
Vitamix 5200 Performance
With that such a huge power from the machine and the strong blades you can easily make everything from a simple fruit smoothies, crush the ice or a healthy creamy peanut butter which nearly impossible to be made without a powerful blender.
In certain conditions use the tamper to help you to stir the ingredients, that will help you get the best and smoothest blended foods.
With fact that it does not have pre-programmed settings won’t reduce its performance. The device still offers a stellar speed control. It has 10 speeds to allow chop, grind, or fully blend your ingredients.
Combine that with the fact that you can run at high speed for close to a minute and you will certainly can’t argue if this is one of the best smoothie blenders on the market.
Vitamix 5200 Packages Series
The Vitamix 5200 has 4 packages option that vary on its container. They are Vitamix 5200 Standard package, Vitamix 5200 Super package, Vitamix 5200 Deluxe package and Vitamix 5200 Compact packages.
Vitamix 5200 Super Package
You will get a classic 64-ounce container plus a 32-ounce dry grains container along with regular and mini sized tampers, ideal for incorporating fresh whole grains.
Vitamix 5200 Deluxe Package
You will get a classic 64-ounce container, a classic 32-ounce container plus a 32-ounce dry grains container along with regular and mini sized tampers and you will get additional bonuses 4 Flexible Cutting Boards and 3-Piece Spatula Set.
Vitamix 5200 Compact Package
You will get a classic 48-ounce container for medium batch process. Mini tamper is included.
Aside from the device you also obtain a Getting Started guide book that allows you to understand how top optimize this blender like the speed you can use can depends on your ingredients and all the other information that you might be interested in.
You also obtain a tutorial DVD that shows the basics and as always you also get the tamper which will help you to process of thick mixtures.
- A very powerful motor
- The ability to change speeds is very interesting very suitable for you who want precise result for your ingredients
- The tamper make it easier to blend thick ingredients
- Equipped with thermal protection and radial cooling
- The cost of might be a little too much for a homeowner blender
- Noise levels a bit high but rubber pad on the base covering the socket help to reduce the noise
- Do not have pre-programmed blend cycles, so you have to wait until it finish
If you are a person who tired with a blender that breaks after some months, and now start looking for a high-quality blender, then it’s a good idea to start with Vitamix 5200.
As you can see from this Vitamix 5200 review the product does strike the perfect balance between professional and high-quality kitchen tool. The price should be already discounted on this day because the new model already launched. Most of the time you will find the refurbished version of this Vitamix blender and that is even better since you can save more cost on it.