Blendtec Designer 625 Review:
The Blendtec Designer 625 has been developed to deliver a high-end level blender that focuses on the performances and the design interface to improve its user experience.
These two points are reflected on its powerful machine combined with a beautiful base design with capacitive touch and illuminated control that will give you a modern feeling that you can get from a blender. This futuristic control is something that you will not see if you compare with Vitamix blenders.
But is this worth your money? Let’s find that out right now!
The Blendtec Designer 625 design is very profesional. This unit is not larger when compared to other blenders but it does offer a stylish design which makes it stand out. It’s also ergonomic, since the cup is located on the upper side and you won’t need to touch it, instead everything is done using the controls which is a great plus for sure.
- Measurement: Height: 7″ wide x 15.5″ tall x 9.25″ deep
- Weight: 9.25 lbs
- Blending container: 5-sided, 90-ounce WildSide+ jar, with markings up to 36 ounces; vented Gripper lid
- Cord length: about 3.5 feet
- Blade construction: 2 blunt blades made of cold-forged hardened steel
- Base design: Touch interface, 4 pre-programmed cycles (smoothie, ice cream, whole juice, hot soup), 6-speed touchscreen slider, pulse button
- Base color variation: Black, Red, Chartreuse, Sea Foam, Orchid, Slate Gray, Polar White
This particular model has a 3.0 peak horsepower supported with 1,560 watts power and during our tests the machine managed to deal with all kinds of veggies and fruits without a problem. It’s a clear sign that the Blendtec Designer 625 is a very good product with a stellar motor and a very good cutting blade.
Since the blade is made out of cold-forged hardened stainless steel that 80% thicker than the other regular blender blades and the motor is next-gen, you can definitely understand why this blender is so amazing to use.
Speaking of that, the illumination is stellar here, as the touch interface does integrate light in order to help avoid any wrong button pressing. That’s what helps you quite a lot even if you want to use the Blendtec Designer 625 during the night or in low light condition. Thankfully, there are 6 speeds to choose from so with this blender you won’t have a problem getting access to the speed you want.
The addition of touch controls delivers a great value here and that’s what truly shines when you use the product. Combine that with the fact that the display shows the blend time right from the start, then you will see why using this model is so important and impressive to begin with.
- Variable blending cycles: 8 speeds for variable speed control and the ability to achieve a variety of textures. Complete control to adjust your blending at any time while blending. Led display with 7 varying blending options, showing duration/time remaining on blend cycle.
- Touch interface/reduced noise: touchscreen controls give the machine a sleek silhouette and are easily wiped clean. Reduced motor noise due to internal baffling.
- Patented blade/80% thicker: stainless-steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10x stronger than other blender blades). note: Blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts and pokes.
- Large batches: BPA-free Wild Side+ jar is a 90 ounce volume jar with 36 ounce blending capacity (wet or dry) ideal for blending beverages for 4-6 people.
- Warming Soup/self-cleaning: Blendtec blenders heat soups and drinks through blade friction heat. Enjoy a warm meal or beverage in 6 minutes or less. Clean-up time: Add a little soap and water, your jar can clean itself in less than 1 minute.
If you choose a blender, you choose it for performance. The Blendtec Designer 625 crushed everything in its path, from apple to pineapple or high fiber veggies like celery or kale, so there’s really nothing that can stop it.
The Blendtec machine is very powerful and built to last, while blades are super strong that can pulverize anything, can crush frozen ice, even including an iphone! plus with the fact that you have dedicated 4 pre-programmed cycles for specific items does help quite a lot.
You can set the speed and settings for any of the pre-programmed settings: Smoothie, Ice Cream, Whole Juice, and Hot Soup and then you can just leave it and do your other tasks on the kitchen.
One thing that may bit annoy us during blending with this blender is the device does get a little noisy at times, especially if you have it blend for more than half a minute or a minute. It’s really powerful so you can understand the noise issue.
The fact that the blender will cost you ~$500 might be a little expensive, but with 8-Year standard warranty and with the stunning performance of this blender it will become your good investment at least for the next 8 years ahead.
- A very powerful motor
- Controls are very easy to learn and customize
- You have access to multiple pre-programmed blend cycles
- The cost might be a little too much for a homeowner blender
- Noise levels can get a little high
- The integrated recipe book is limited and you will have to figure out recipes on your own.